Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week 35 - exhaustion

I'm exhausted.  Having two children is very tiring, but being a stay-at-home mom of 2 kids under 4 years old while your husband is working 12-15 hour days all week is REALLY TOUGH!  I have soooooo much respect for single parents.

I'm not going to spend this post complaining about the details of my week, I just wanted to explain why the new recipes are minimal.  Since it was just the kids and I for dinner (and I didn't want a lot of leftovers or to waste food), we ended up doing really simple dinners and some of my kids favorites:  grilled chicken with veggies and corn on the cob, spaghetti and meatballs, and homemade pizza.  I never bothered trying out the new recipes that I had planned in my Week34 post...if I had gone to the trouble of cooking those new meals and the kids complained, I would've been very frustrated.  As I mentioned, the long week made for tough evenings.

Truthfully, I feel like I could sleep for days.  And hopefully I will catch up on some sleep someday soon.  But in the meantime, I've planned my meals for this week knowing that my husband will be working long days again.  Nothing too fancy and a few dinner events that will keep me from cooking at all.

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 35 - September 2, 2013
Sunday:  labor day cookout with our neighbors

Monday:  eggplant bake, mushroom ravioli, and caesar salad

Tuesday:  taco night, sauteed greens

Wednesday: BBQ shredded chicken sandwiches with coleslaw, roasted cauliflower

Thursday: book club dinner

Friday: pizza night

Saturday:  leftovers  


No comments:

Post a Comment