Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 18 - maintenance

Now that we're entering May, I've been doing this healthy home revolution for 4 months!  Crazy!!! 

Fitness - This past Monday I threw out my back.  OUCH!!!  Not only was it painful just to walk that morning, baby girl wanted me to carry her around.  So I had to adjust my mindset about working out this week.  Did I give it up?  absolutely not!!!  I would like to maintain my current weight and continue to build muscle mass, tone up more.  So I did what I could to stay active but not make the injury worse.  I walked every day this week, most days a minimum of 45-60 minutes and sometimes longer.  I walked as fast as I could (without experiencing pain - this was different each day).  I also did a lot of stretching to keep my muscles loose.  Now, almost a week later, I feel almost back to my usual self and added some running today.  Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and be mindful.  I encourage you to do the same. 

Healthy Home Foods - I haven't been cooking as often in recent weeks, partly because of life circumstances and also because it has become less of a priority for me.  I make a weekly meal plan and do my best to stick with it, but sometimes life just happens.  My kids need my attention more than I need to cook dinner; my husband is working late and my motivation is low; sleepless nights and busy days mean less energy to cook.  We've all been there...we start the week off with great intentions, but things just happen.  And that is OKAY!!!  Just continue to make smart food choices, whether eating out, ordering in, or eating leftovers.  I sometimes have to remind myself of these things.

So on that note, you will find this week's meal plan below along with any links to the recipes that have inspired me.  I hope that you all have a great week!   

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 18 - May 5, 2013

Sunday: date night

Monday: balsamic glazed salmon with sautéed snap peas, edamame, brown rice
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/balsamic-glazed-salmon-recipe/index.html

Tuesday: fundraiser for Elliot Pearson Children's School - Flatbread Pizza

Wednesday: fusilli with spinach, black pepper, and cheese, roasted asparagus, and grilled chicken tenders
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/fusilli-with-pecorino-romano-and-black-pepper-recipe/index.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/447891-how-to-bake-chicken-strips-in-italian-dressing/

Thursday:  baked potato with sausage & arugula sauce, Caesar salad
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/baked-potatoes-with-sausage-and-arugula-sauce-recipe/index.html

Friday: pizza night

Saturday: leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment