Thursday, May 16, 2013

Guacamole Salad

I love avocado and anything with avocado.  This recipe is no exception...delicious!  Super easy, a great salad on its own, or as a side dish, I highly recommend trying it out!  I cut the original recipe in 1/4 since I knew we couldn't eat 4 avocados worth and the any leftover would turn brown.  This was the perfect amount for my husband and I to share.  Feel free to multiple the recipe as appropriate for the crowd you are feeding.  Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Guacamole Salad
based on http://simply-delicious.co.za/2012/11/20/guacamole-salad/
1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/4 cup of diced red onion
2 T of chopped fresh cilantro 
1 avocado, diced
the juice of 1/4 of a lime
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium sized bowl, add the chopped tomato and onion.
Then add the rest of the ingredients.
Gently stir to combine, being careful to not break the avocado apart too much.  Serve immediately!  Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment