Thursday, May 23, 2013

Change Up Your Fitness Routine Today



I've discussed the importance of varying your fitness routines in past posts.  Your muscles need to be challenged and cross training (or doing different routines on different days) is exactly what the fitness gurus order! 

Today I'm going to offer you three NEW 10-15 minute workouts that you can do alone or combine to create a longer routine.  I did all 3 today (in the order I placed them below) for a total of about 40 minutes.  They are a great combination of strength and cardio.  Again, I do not recommend doing the same workout each day, or even the same workout 2 days in a row.  You should at least alternate days.   For example: run on Monday, strength/cardio on Tuesday (such as a combination or all of those listed below), walk or run Wednesday, strength/cardio Thursday, kickboxing Friday, family walk Saturday, rest Sunday. 

As always, please warm up, cool down, drink plenty of water, and stretch at the end of your workout.  Please consult a doctor before beginning any new fitness routine.

Happy Fitness!
Sarah
http://thirstygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/exercise.jpg

10 minute interval workout - focuses mostly on legs, combining strength with cardio.  Honestly, its one of the easier 10 minute cardio routines I've done.  Definitely give it a try!
http://www.fitsugar.com/Victorias-Secret-Models-Full-Body-Workout-21416942

Abs and Love-Handles - focuses on just that, the mid-section.  I did these as described, although I substituted side planks (30 seconds on each side) for the last exercise, the muffin top melter, because I found it to be awkward.  That substitution is optional, but I thought I would throw it out there. 
http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=the_lose_your_love_handles_workout

The Arm Challenge - this workout is advertised as the "tone your arms in 7 days" - PLEASE DO NOT do these arm exercises 7 days in a row!!!  Any trainer will tell you that you break up your muscle groups on different days, such as doing biceps and triceps one day, shoulders and traps another.  This routine works all arm/shoulder/upper back muscles.  To keep it simple, it is safe to do this routine every other day, but I would not recommend doing it daily.  I plan to do it 3 days a week, such as Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  And besides, don't expect anything in 7 days.
http://www.ivillage.com/how-tone-your-arms-0/4-b-489324?cid=pin|workout|tonearms|11-06-12   

No comments:

Post a Comment