Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 28 - another heat wave

When thinking about my weekly meal plan during the summer, I always check the forecast first.  Any weather above 85 means no cooking in the oven or on the stove.  I don't want to create more heat in an already warm environment...no need for our standing air conditioners to work harder than they already are (yup...no central air here).  And this week, it looks like another heat wave of 4 or 5 days above 90.  So crockpot and grill it is!

Below you will find my plans, with any links to recipes that serve as inspiration.   As always, I will try to post the new recipes as the week goes on and I will continue to post those I haven't had a chance to post yet from the last month.

Enjoy your week and happy cooking!
Sarah

Week 28 - July 14, 2013

Sunday - leftovers

Monday- my hubby has a work dinner, so the kids and I will be eating meatless with beans & rice (I'll add some fried eggs, avocado, and salsa to mine along with some veggies)

Tuesday - pork souvlaki with shredded greek salad and tzaziki sauce, served with lentil, pea, & mint salad
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cat-cora/souvlaki-small-skewers-of-pork-recipe/index.html

Wednesday-  BLT chopped salad (substitute blue cheese, add chicken)
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2013/05/blt-chopped-salad-with-corn-feta-avocado/#more-32280

Thursday-  date night

Friday -  pizza and movie

Saturday-  BBQ chicken quinoa salad with garlic broccoli
http://iowagirleats.com/2012/06/05/bbq-chicken-quinoa-salad/

No comments:

Post a Comment