Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sarah's Chopped Cobb Salad

I love Cobb salads, I love chopped salads...I love salad.  And this salad has everything I love and is substantial enough for my husband to eat it for dinner and feel satisfied.  Yummy!  There is nothing more to say. :)

Happy Cooking!
Sarah


Sarah's Chopped Cobb Salad
original recipe, ideas from several sites
6 cups of your favorite lettuce (I used 3 cups of baby arugula and 3 cups of baby butter lettuce)
1 avocado, cubed
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 pickle cucumber, chopped (I love the crispness of these type of cucumbers but any kind works)
1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, sliced in half or 4ths, depending on the size
5 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
1/2 cup cooked corn (I used frozen, cooked it in the microwave, and cooled it before using it in the salad)
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
or your favorite salad toppings, 1/2-1 cup of each
2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced (I like to grill some chicken on the weekend to use throughout the week for lunches or a quick dinner salad like tonight)
1/3 cup of your favorite salad dressing (we used an all natural, organic, creamy blue cheese)


Start with a large bowl and the lettuces.  Mix to combine whichever varieties you choose.

Carefully arrange the salad toppings in the Cobb style.  Looks beautiful, if I do say so myself. 
This salad makes 4 servings, so we have leftovers for lunch the next day.  (The kids eat the chicken and some extra toppings, along with pasta I cook up separately).  We usual toss our portions in a separate bowl to use as little dressing as possible.  Tossing your salad with the dressing means you will use much less than just pouring it along the top.

Place the grilled chicken on top and dig in!  Did someone say yummy???  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment