Monday, July 22, 2013

Blue Cheese Burgers with Arugula and Tomato




Okay, I confess...I have a small obsession with blue cheese burgers.  In fact, I will order one at a restaurant if its on the menu because I love them so much.  However, I have been incredibly disappointed by some expensive burgers I've had.  So I thought, why not make my own???  I know what I like and I can make it even healthier for me at home because I will know what is in it.

This burger was awesome!  This recipe makes 4 very large burgers - 2 for dinner and 2 for lunches later in the week.  (my kids won't eat burgers so we just do some chicken for them) Yummy! 

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Blue Cheese Burgers with Arugula and Tomato
original recipe from Sarah
1 lb of ground beef, preferably 80% or 85% ground beef, (any less fat content and the beef will be very dry)
salt & pepper to taste
4 buns, whole wheat if you can find them
4 oz of good quality blue cheese, sliced (1/4 inch thickness)
2 cups of arugula, dressed with a little olive oil, lemon, salt & pepper
2 tomatoes, sliced to your preference and seasoned with salt and pepper

Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high heat.  Form 4 hamburger patties from the beef, all about the same size, making them approximately 1/4 lb burgers.  Season them agressively on both sides with salt and pepper.  Place on the preheated grill and close the cover.  Do not fiddle with them!!!  Just allow them to cook for 3-5 minutes or until you see the edges turning brown and they flip easily.  Cook for an additional 2-5 minutes on the other side, depending on how well done you like your burger.  I prefer mine medium or medium-rare so I only leave it on for about 2 minutes after I flip it.

At this point, if you would like your buns warmed you will need to place them on the grill (face down) and watch them carefully.

Once cooked to your liking, remove them burgers.  Place one burger on the bun, top with the blue cheese, tomato, arugula salad, and serve immediately.  Yummy!!!  I served mine with grilled vegetables.  Enjoy!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment