Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 9 - Healthy Home Revolution

So this upcoming week is going to be kind of crazy.  My husband is going to be out of town for most of the week, and even though my mother will be here, I'm not sure how much major recipe testing we'll be doing.  So I list this week's menu plan hesitantly and I apologize in advance for any changes that may occur or lack of new recipes this week.  I'm hoping it will give some of you a chance to try some things from the past few weeks that you haven't tried yet.  And by the way, I can't believe it is already March

I'm going to take a quick moment to encourage you to continue any exercise you have been doing. Anything is better than nothing, and if you haven't been doing as much as you would like, then now is the time to start!  I've been continuing to workout 30-40 minutes 6-7 times a week.  Each day I do something different to keep my muscles guessing.  Some days are tougher than others, and with our hectic household, it might mean once in a while breaking my workout into 2 or 3 sessions of 10-15 minutes each.  I just keep on going!  It is amazing how much more energy I have during the day and how I sleep better at night too.   Anyway, just keep swimming!  Stay healthy and have a great week!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 9 - March 3, 2013

Sunday: leftovers for dinner, but I just put an overnight apple cinnamon oatmeal in the crockpot to avoid the typical Monday morning breakfast rush.  I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Monday:  vegetable lentil soup  (I have a parent/teacher workshop at my son's school on mindful parenting, dinner included.  I do plan to make the rest of the family dinner before I leave.) 

Tuesday:  date night (before my husband leaves town)

Wednesday:  crockpot cilantro lime chicken tacos
http://eevanad.blogspot.com/2012/05/crockpot-cilantro-lime-chicken-tacos.html

Thursday: greek chicken, lemon potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts
http://www.miscfinds4u.com/blog/2010/07/09/easy-and-delicious-greek-lemon-potatoes/
http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/02/greek-salsa-chicken/

Friday:  pizza and movie night

Saturday:  chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, and roasted broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment