Monday, March 4, 2013

Overnight Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Looking for a breakfast dish you can make the night before?  This cooks in the crockpot while you sleep!  Can't get any easier...just wake up and breakfast is ready for the family.  And your house smells divine!  I found this on pinterest, although the link doesn't actually have a recipe posted, the recipe itself was the description of the pin.  So unfortunately, I can't give credit where credit is due. 

This makes about 6 servings and is totally kid friendly.  It was a hit this morning, even the baby wanted more.  And my husband, who doesn't eat oatmeal, really liked it too.  I personally think it tastes like apple pie, only a little less sweeter.  I added some slivered almonds and flax seed to mine - yummy!  I hope you give it a try!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah


Overnight Crockpot Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
2 apples, peeled and cut into small cubes (any kind of apple will work, I used one Gala and one Granny Smith)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups oatmeal
4 cups water

Put the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon on the bottom of the crockpot.  Mix together and spread out along the bottom.  Then layer the oats next, sprinkling the oats with the salt.  Lastly, add the water and DO NOT STIR.  Should look like the picture below:

Before you cook it...
Cook on low for 8-9 hours, stir, and serve. 
The next morning.
A serving for the hubby, straight from the crockpot.  The house smelled delicious when I woke up!
I served mine with 1 T of ground flax seed and 1 T of slivered almonds on top.  So yummy!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment