Here is my recommendation for him (a 6'2" man, built like a football player) for a simple eating plan for the week:
- Breakfast: my recipe for a cleansing smoothie, 1 slice of sprouted whole grain bread with 2 T of natural peanut butter
- Morning Snack: high fiber, high protein, low sugar granola bar (we like Trader Joe's Peanut Butter and Chocolate high fiber bar). This is the perfect snack for him to grab and eat while he's in between meetings.
- Lunch: a pre-packaged salad with protein that is 500 calories or less, with the dressing. This is to control fat, calories, and sugar by being able to refer to the calorie count on the package. Trader Joe's has great, affordable, pre-packaged salads (some are even cheaper than I could make it at home).
- Afternoon Snack: greek yogurt (0% fat) and 1 piece of fruit, such as an apple or orange (low-glycemic value)
- Dinner: refer to my meal plan below
Sunday: Lemon, Mustard and Honey Roasted Chicken with roasted potatoes and green salad
Monday: (husband is traveling) Eating up healthy leftovers in the freezer
Tuesday: low-calorie Mexican Casserole with a cherry tomato and avocado salad
Wednesday: terriyaki glazed salmon with siracha sauce, brown rice, edamame, and broccoli
Thursday: (husband has a work event) Eating leftovers
Friday: Pizza night
Saturday: Skinny Greek Stuffed Chicken with roasted asparagus and salad
And since I didn't post a meal plan for last week, here's the link for week 16 and week 17 of the 1st year of the Healthy Home Revolution: