Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lentil Salad with Roasted Broccoli and Honey Mustard Dressing

This is by far one of my favorite recipes that I've made.  Not only is it extremely delicious, but its so healthy.  It came from the 7-ingredient cleanse and I've now made it part of my regular diet.  I like to make a batch on the weekends - my husband and I eat it for lunches and snacks during the week.  I've made it a few different ways, but below is my favorite version of the recipe.  I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!!!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Lentil Salad with Roasted Broccoli and Honey Mustard Dressing
recipe adapted from http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/honey-mustard-broccoli-salad/

1 pkg of pre-cooked lentils (I get mine from Trader Joe's - otherwise you can substitute the 3 cups of cooked lentils)
1 head of broccoli, about 3-4 cups, cut into florets and roasted (directions for roasting below)
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 tsp honey
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 T apple cider vinegar
4 T olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Extra olive oil, salt, and pepper for roasting broccoli

First, roast the broccoli.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Toss the broccoli florets with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Roast for 15-20 minutes or until desired tenderness.

Meanwhile, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.  First combine the honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and vinegar.  Then slowly add the olive oil while whisking to emulsify the dressing.  Add the lentils, shallot, and roasted broccoli.  Toss to coat and taste for any additional seasoning.  Eat up!  So yummy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is this recipe for4? I'm only cooking for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it makes 4 servings 😊

    ReplyDelete