Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 44 - adjustments (again)

I am calling this post "adjustments" for a number of reasons...

My parents left today to head back to their home after a week long visit - always a hard adjustment for me.  I am completely spoiled by having TWO extra sets of hands during the day to help with the kids, housework, cooking, etc.  The week after they leave is usual an adjustment period for me not having the extra help and for the kids of not having them around. 

Of course my parents leaving also means that my husband is back from his business trip, so we are all happy to have him home safe and sound.   The kids are usually very clingy to daddy when he returns, the littlest one wanting to make sure he doesn't leave again.

Speaking of the littlest one...OMG!  That's the nicest thing I can say right now.  She is just a handful in many ways, and the last few weeks or so have been particularly tough.  Not only is she trying to transition from 2 naps to 1, (she is 20 months now), she is also acting up more.  Her tantrums are displays of independence are ridiculous.  It makes for a long day.

So as we go through these adjustments, some resolving themselves faster than others, I'm taking each day at a time.  I love cooking and sharing my recipes with you, my readers.  But sometimes life circumstances do not allow you the time you need to do those things.  I have about 15 recipes on hold, pictures ready for me to share when life allows.  So please be patient and know that good things are coming. 

This week is another busy one with a few late nights for my hubby and a couple evening events for myself.  Below you will find my weekly meal plan, along with any links to the recipes that have inspired me.  I hope that you have a wonderful week! 

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 44 - November 3, 2013

Sunday- leftovers

Monday- parent/teacher advisory board meeting at my son's preschool (they provide dinner and childcare so no cooking tonight!)

Tuesday- international night:  tacos with broccoli and green salad
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/02/baked-tacos.html

Wednesday- chicken creation: chicken with spinach parmigiana roll-ups, whole grain pasta, salad

Thursday- soup/salad night: kielbasa and kale soup (yes, this was on my menu last week but we had too many leftovers to eat)
http://farmflavor.com/kielbasa-and-kale-soup/

Friday- pizza and family movie night:  make your own pizza at home, using mini bagels, english muffins, or whatever I have leftover from the week

Saturday- chicken and biscuit pot pie
http://www.smells-like-home.com/2012/11/chicken-and-biscuits-pot-pie/

No comments:

Post a Comment