Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week 29 - getting in a groove

I love summer in New England!  If living in a big city like Boston isn't great enough, there are so many amazing towns, beaches, and beautiful scenery to enjoy within an hour or two from my home.  This means day trips and memories made to last a lifetime.   Like our day trip yesterday to Gooseberry Beach in Newport, Rhode Island to play with our cousins.  So fun and captured everything great about summer!  What fun things are you doing this summer?

As I wrote about last week, we've (my husband and I) been kicking things up a notch with a new program, called 21 day fix, in an attempt to support my husband in his weight loss goals.  My weekly meal plan is based on the nutritional guidelines of this program, but its essentially a clean eating program that anyone could use.   We are half way through our second week and going strong.  My husband has commented on how much more energy he has since he's changed his diet and started exercising daily (at least 30 min).  As I've always said, it's about making a lifestyle switch and a permanent change...it just takes a different form for every person.  My husband needed this structure to jump start his lifestyle change, but it could be something different for you or your loved ones.  Find out what it is and stop making excuses!  You only have one body, so take good care of it.    It may have happened almost 1.5 yrs after I started my own journey, but we have another mini-revolution happening here!!!  So excited and happy!  I want to hear your Healthy Home stories!!!

All of the recipes ideas below are based on clean eating and 21 day fix friendly..  I will be posting pictures and recipes as the week goes on (and time permits...its so much harder to find time to Blog over the summer).  On that note, have a great week!

Happy Cooking,
Sarah



Week 29 - July 20, 2014

Sunday:  date night (cheat meal)

Monday:  lemon balsamic grilled shrimp, grilled vegetable and quinoa salad with arugula

Tuesday:  grilled chicken with chopped salad

Wednesday:  grilled spinach and feta chicken sausage, grilled eggplant and yellow squash, Greek salad

Thursday:  book club dinner (eating clean at the restaurant)

Friday:  Homemade healthy pizza and salad

Saturday:  crockpot pork carnitas tacos, green beans


Week 29 of 2013, Healthy Home Revolution
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/07/week-29-one-more-week-till-vacation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment