Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 40 - Fall Fit Fest

So my fall fit fest begins this week and I'm so excited!!!  We have a group of 10 challengers doing 30 minute workouts and eating clean together in a community on Facebook.  Most of us are drinking Shakeology and we are all following the 21 day Fix program - it's awesome!  Ive posted about it before and I just can't stop talking about how great it is.  I hope everyone has as much success with it as John and I have had. 

Below you will find the meals I shared with the group for our first week of the Fix.  Have a great week!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 40 - October 5, 2014
Sunday- heading to a friends house for dinner


Monday –grilled or baked chicken with the 21 day Fix all-purpose seasoning (making a double batch for leftovers for lunch), Fall lentil salad w/arugula, brussel sprouts, and butternut squash – make your ratio of lentils to veggies 1:3 and eat 3 cups of the salad   (1 yellow, 1 red, 2 green, 2-3 tsp)

Tuesday- ground turkey tacos or taco salad with lettuce, tomato or salsa, diced avocado, greek yogurt (mix it with salt, pepper, lime juice & cilantro for a great sour cream substitute),  steamed or roasted broccoli  (I use cooking spray so I don’t have to count it as tsp)   (1 yellow, 1 red, 2 green – just use the food charts and color containers to portion it out)

sautéed spinach, whole wheat couscous  (1 red, 2 green, 1 yellow)

Thursday-  Greens and Beans with Turkey Sausage (I plan to make it all in early afternoon and put in my crockpot,  I’m also making extra sausage for pizza night)  http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/02/greens-and-beans-with-italian-sausage.html  and 1 -2 cups of salad or your favorite veggies
(1 red, 2-3 green, 1 yellow)

Friday – homemade pizza night using whole wheat English muffins or pitas, (be sure to add a lean protein such as turkey sausage or leftover sliced chicken breasts from Monday),  served with a big salad or a bunch of your favorite veggies  (1 yellow, 1 red,  1 blue, 2 green, either 1 orange or 1 tsp for dressing)

Saturday  leftovers or take out


No comments:

Post a Comment