Sunday, September 28, 2014

Week 39 - Birthday Week!!!

After planning and executing our Son's 5th birthday this past weekend, and visiting with family all week, we are trying to get back to our normal routines.  Our son's actual birthday is tomorrow, and my birthday is Wednesday.  I'm giving myself permission to take the week (mostly) off from cooking.  I made some homemade chicken vegetable soup today, and I plan to make my famous meatballs (at Owen's request) for dinner tomorrow night.  But other than that, between running the kids around, teaching, and hubby's busy schedule, I'm going to get my very favorite take-out foods for dinners this week.  Yup, I think that's okay to do every now and then. 

In the meantime, I will do my best to update the blog with some delicious recipes I've been working on.  At least, in between celebrating birthdays and trying to enjoy my own special day. ;)  And can I just say, I'm so emotional that my baby is turning 5!  He was just so very tiny 5 years ago...where does the time go?   I tear up every time I think about it...

Enjoy your week!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah


Week 39- September 28, 2014

Sunday:  chicken vegetable soup
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/03/chicken-vegetable-soup.html

Monday:  Owen's birthday dinner - spaghetti and meatballs
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/01/turkey-meatballs.html

Tuesday:  take-out after I finish class

Wednesday: my birthday dinner:  anything I don't have to prep, make, or clean up after is fine with me

Thursday: take-out after I finish class

Friday:  pizza and family movie night

Saturday:  date night

No comments:

Post a Comment