Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 38 - Pep talk

As you know, I've been working hard at spreading the word about healthy habits making a difference for you and your family.  I believe that we rely too much on doctors and medicines to help our ailments rather than feeding our bodies the proper fuel to begin with.   I'm on a mission - to spread the word about all the health benefits that come from eating clean 80% of the time and doing consistent, moderate exercise.  

I know what you are thinking right now - you've heard all of this before.  Oh no, not again, right?  So have you made some changes for you and your family?  Are you still thinking about it but just haven't pulled the trigger?  What is holding you back?  I'm going to get serious for a moment...what emotions are keeping you from making the decision that could lead to a longer, healthier, more fulfilled life for you and your kids?  These are difficult questions but they are necessary.  It's more than just weight-loss, it's an emotional journey.  We all have our inner demons, the voices inside our heads that tell us we are not good enough, that we don't deserve it.  I'm here to tell you that you are loved, you are worthy, and you can do anything you put your mind to. 

Your biggest competitor is yourself!  Once you defeat your own negativity and self-doubt, you can accomplish anything!!!  Don't let your fear paralyze you...take the first step and let me help you along the way.  It's not just about weight-loss or how you look, it's about the confidence you will gain, the energy levels that spike, the inside of your body that works more efficiently for you. 

You don't have to make these changes on your own.  Research shows that you will go further, be more successful, and maintain a positive attitude if you are part of an environment that will support and motivate you.  The Home Healthy Revolution is one of those places.  Reach out to me, I am here to help you start making those little changes that add up to a BIG difference.  We can do it together. 

If you want to read about how my journey here began, please read my original Healthy Home Revolution post: http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-healthy-home-revolution-2013-heres.html

If you want to get started now with extra accountability and resources, you can sign up for a free health and fitness account through Beachbody with ME, Sarah Barker, as your coach.  You will have access to recipes, workouts, advice - all for FREE.  Once you join, you can also be a part of one of the many Facebook challenge groups available for motivation, accountability and support.  Just go to www.beachbodycoach.com/SRoseBarker

So now to my usual Sunday update - the weekly meal plan...
My husband is in China on business and my parents are here for the week helping out with the kiddos.  My brother and his wife will be joining all of us on Thursday so that we can celebrate my son's 5th birthday on Saturday.  So excited to all be together!  With all of these events going on, I don't feel the need to plan out my week, but rather accommodating my guests and being a bit more spontaneous (having extra help around allows me to do that - <3).  If you need some meal inspiration for the week, check out the links below...a great start to clean eating.  I've also included a link to my first Healthy Home post, a list of essentials for anyone just starting out.

Lastly, Please share this place with your friends who value health and nutrition.  And please pass this message along to anyone who may need to hear my message.  Together we can begin a Healthy Home Revolution and inspire others to join us.   Let's take the first step together. 

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Motivational quote

Healthy Home Revolution Tips to Starting Offhttp://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/01/healthy-home-revolution-week-1.html


A few of My favorite quick, easy, healthy recipes:

Turkey Meatballs 
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/01/turkey-meatballs.html

Shredded Buffalo Chicken (for tacos or sandwiches) 
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/01/buffalo-chicken-tacos-crockpot-style.html

Greens and Beans with Italian Sausage
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/02/greens-and-beans-with-italian-sausage.html

Grilled Salmon with Cucumber Salad 
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2014/07/grilled-salmon-with-cucumber-salad.html

Chipotle Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Burgers http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/03/chipotle-black-bean-burger-with-quinoa.html

No comments:

Post a Comment