Tuesday, February 11, 2014

week 6 - I'm back!!!

 I apologize for my long absence from posting, but things just got a little crazy.  And like I always say, it comes down to prioritizing.  Unfortunately, this blog is not on the top of the list. ;)

Since the last time I posted, my family went through one cold, flu, or cough and then another.  My  littlest one even came down with an ear infection from all the cooties.  Luckily we got through it all and were on the mend before our vacation.  My husband had a business trip to Dubai at the end of January.  I always seek help from my parents when my husband travels, but this time it was different.  They recently retired and became snow birds.  That means that we are blessed enough to travel to Florida to visit...and that is just what we did.  Nothing like curing the winter blues with 10 days in warm South Florida, soaking up the sun, swimming with the kids, and playing at the beach.  I forgot about the world and anything else.  (Hence my disappearance from the cyber-world). 

We just got back this past weekend and have been busy getting the kids back into their routines at home, unpacking, doing the laundry, and enjoying each others company.  Now that I've taken the time to stock up the refrigerator for this week, I can finally plan and share with you.

Below you will find my weekly meal plan - nothing fancy, just some basics to get us through a busy week of adjustments.   I also hope to post some more recipes this week, so stay tuned!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 6 - February 9, 2014

Sunday: Take-out (just back from vacation)

Monday: grilled ham & cheese, tomato soup (box from Trader Joe's), sautéed spinach

Tuesday: taco soup with cheese quesadilla dippers

Wednesday: beef & broccoli, rice
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/11/easy-crockpot-beef-and-broccoli.html

Thursday: Leftovers from freezer (I teach my cardio class)

Friday: Valentine's Day
Steak, potatoes, Brussel sprouts, Caesar salad
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Steak-Au-Poivre-Clinton-Kelly?cid=pinterest_chw
http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/bbq-potatoes

Saturday: date night

And for those of you looking for more options, here is a link to Week 6 from 2013
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/02/week-6-healthy-home-revolution.html

No comments:

Post a Comment