Monday, June 3, 2013

Week 22 - It's June already?!?!

Is it just me, or is this year flying by???  I can't believe it's June already!  That's means that 2013 is almost 1/2 over...CRAZY!  Anyway, I am happy to say that I feel healthy, blessed, and beyond thankful for my chaotic life.  I don't think I would change a thing!  (Well maybe if the baby girl would sleep through the night, or stop crying when I close the bathroom door, but you know what I mean.)

My little boy, my first born, is about to finish his first year of preschool.  He LOVES school, his teachers and his friends.  Wednesday we will say goodbye to some of his friends as they move to different schools or different grades than him (age differences) next year.  We signed him up for summer camp at his school to provide him with some consistency, but also to give him something to look forward to.  And the best part is that most of his classmates will be continuing too.  So this week, before summer camp starts, we are going to sneak in a trip back to our home town, the town my husband and I grew up in:  Rochester, NY.   That means that any cooking I might be doing will be with friends and family and very impromptu.  I plan to continue to try to finish the 10 posts I have pending, but I will be on vacation so forgive me if I continue to be absent.

This week I have posted links to recipes I have made in the past, (some already posted on this site, others I made before starting the Healthy Home Revolution began).  Most of them are for grilling outdoors and enjoying the beautiful summer weather.   Enjoy your week!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 22: June 2, 2013

Sunday:  chipotle BBQ turkey burgers with mustard dill potato salad, sauteed swiss chard, and baked beans  http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2011/07/4th-of-july-picnic.html

Monday:  grilled salmon with citrus salsa verde, arugula salad, couscous
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-salmon-with-citrus-salsa-verde-recipe/index.html

Tuesday:  grilled flank or skirt steak with chimichurri sauce, salad, grilled potatoes
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2011/06/chimichurri-miami-influenced-steak.html

Wednesday: grilled chicken fillets with tomato basil salad
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicken-paillards-with-herb-tomato-salad-recipe/index.html

Thursday:  leftovers


Friday:   pizza night

Saturday:  greek orzo and grilled shrimp salad
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/greek-orzo-and-grilled-shrimp-salad-with-mustard-dill-vinaigrette-recipe/index.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment