Thursday, February 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken & Biscuits

I think my husbands' exact words were, "this is damn good".   So simple and comforting, this Chicken & Biscuits recipe was adapted from a recipe I found through pinterest.  Since the recipe only requires half a can of biscuits, I cooked up the extra for some breakfast sandwiches tomorrow.  Even my toddler loved this new "soup" as he called it.  Another great slow cooker recipe for you!  Eat up!!!

Slow Cooker Chicken & Biscuits
3-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 3 large ones, half of the value pack I bought on sale this week at the grocery store)
2 tablespoons of butter
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of chicken broth
1 onion diced
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
1/2 bag of frozen mixed vegetables, approximately 1 1/2 cups (I used carrots, peas, green beans, and corn)
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits, cut into 10 pieces (I used kitchen shears to do this)

Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Add the butter, onion, parsley, soup, and broth.  Cook on high for 6 hours.  Once 5 hours have passed, add the frozen veggies (if you will not be home, then add the veggies with the rest of the ingredients).  Carefully remove chicken breasts (they will be falling apart), shred them, and return them to the pot.  Add the biscuit pieces and continue to cook on high for 30 more minutes.  Serve hot and enjoy! 

The original recipe can be found at http://www.bubblecrumb.com/2010/02/14/crock-pot-chicken-and-dumplings-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment