Thursday, February 2, 2012

Easy & light mini cheesecakes

My mom made a recipe similar to this growing up, each and every Christmas.  I was craving them and decided to create a recipe that was lighter and only made 12 (since I knew there was a good possibility I would be responsible for eating most of them).  They came out great and I'm making them again this week!  I hope your sweet tooth enjoys these mini cheesecakes!

Easy & Light Mini Cheesecakes
12 foil muffin tin liners (must be foil)
12 vanilla wafers
2 (8 ounce) packages of Neufatel cheese (the 1/3 less fat version of cream cheese)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
cherry pie filling (or your favorite cheesecake topping)

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.  Line your muffin tin with foil liner and place 1 vanilla wafer in each muffin cup (the vanilla wafer acts as your crust).  Combine Neufatel cheese, sugar and vanilla until well-blended.  Add in eggs and mix well.  Pour over wafers filling 3/4 of the way to the top (I use an ice-cream scoop to assist in this process).  Bake for 25 minutes.  Do not remove from pan until completely cool.  Top with your favorite cheesecake topping and store in the refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment