Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 24 & 25 - family and supporting goals

I've been quiet...again!  So many amazing recipes to share and so little time to do it.  I promise to try to be better about that...I've been having too much fun with my family members visiting us here in Boston, enjoying their company and this beautiful weather.  Plus the hubby has been traveling a lot for work.  But now I have a break of two weeks with no visitors until our vacation, so it's time to re-focus.

This week is all about being a support system - My hubby has declared that he wants to change his eating habits and daily physical activity.  I'm so excited for him and very grateful that he WANTS to do this for himself.   He is surprising me with his level of commitment over the past few days and I will do everything possible to help support him in the coming weeks.  In the interest of his weight loss goals, I am back to trying many new recipes and many of them are no-carb per his request.  Here is a sample of what he is eating (and therefore, so am I - I don't cook twice):

Breakfast:  protein shake

AM snack:  apple and 10 almonds

Lunch:  vegetable chopped salad with garbanzos, hard-boiled eggs, and a homemade vinaigrette

PM snack:  Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup berries

Dinner:  grilled chicken with a watermelon, arugula, and feta salad


I plan on writing a post in the near future on other breakfast, lunch, snack options and of course the dinner recipes with be posted in the following days (if they aren't already on my blog).

Below is our dinner plan for the week and the link to week 24 and 25 from last year (same scenario last year - hubby was traveling, family in town visiting).  I wish you all a wonderful week!  Keep on reaching for your health and wellness goals!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Week 25 - June 22, 2014

Sunday:  grilled chicken with watermelon, arugula and feta salad
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/06/grilled-yogurt-marinated-chicken-with.html

Monday:  BLT chopped salad with creamy herb dressing

Tuesday:  grilled salmon, Asian quinoa salad, stir-fried snap peas and shallots

Wednesday:  grilled steak, black bean and corn salad, sauteed greens

Thursday:  chopped salad w/leftover veggies and proteins in the fridge

Friday:   cheat night - pizza night

Saturday:  Spanish chicken and rice with saffron cream (from cooking light magazine)


Weeks 24 & 25 from Healthy Home Revolution 2013
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/06/week-24-and-25.html






No comments:

Post a Comment