Monday, June 20, 2011

Delicious Dining

Raising a family, managing the home, working, and finding time for yourself (and maybe even a date-night) is definitely a balancing act and one that effects more and more families today, as our free time is few and far between.  I understand how challenging it can be to find the time and energy to cook at home.  It seems so easy to purchase ready made food, order out, or go to a restaurant; but that can be heavy on the wallet and the waistline.  Nutrition has always been at the forefront of my mind, and cooking at home is the only way to control what goes into your food and how it is prepared.  Even if you intend to eat healthy at a restaurant, there are so many choices that sometimes sabotage your diet.  This blog is about how to cook healthy and delicious meals at home that your whole family will enjoy. 
I've been cooking and baking since grade school, started collecting recipes as I played around the kitchen, and continue to do so today.  It's something I love to do - actually cooking and eating are two of my most favorite things to do!  Most of the recipes come from magazines or websites, but some are original recipes that I've created.  I'll post the recipes as I make them, give you any alterations to make it healthier, and calorie content when available.  Of course I'll also provide feedback from my family, including my 21 month old son - and we all know how picky toddlers can be!!!
I hope that you can use this blog as a tool to try some new recipes for your family or just for yourself, and you find that cooking at home can be quite a Deliciously Domestic Dining experience.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment