Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baby Spinach w/ Garlic Vinaigrette

As I've mentioned before, Tuesdays are really hectic and I need something fast and easy.  Last night we had grilled turkey italian sausage on hard rolls with sauteed peppers & onions,  greek orzo salad (left over from the weekend), and a spinach salad that had my husband asking for more.  The garlic vinaigrette was from the Jan/Feb edition of Cooking Light magazine and it was so good!  You must love garlic to like this dressing, and you'll want everyone else to eat it too.  The recipe serves 4 but my husband and I had no problem finishing the salad off ourselves.  I could have probably eaten the entire bowl myself if that was my main meal with some protein on top.  I hope you and your family enjoy!

Baby Spinach with Garlic Vinaigrette
6 cups of baby spinach leaves (about 6 ounces)
1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
For the dressing:
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2 garlic cloves, minced (I used a garlic press)

Combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.  Add the spinach and onion and toss to coat.  Makes 4 servings (1 3/4 cups each)

Nutritional Information:
Calories 66, Fat 5.1 g, Protein 1.1g, Carbs 5.2g, Fiber 1.9g, sodium 147 mg

Taken from http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/quick-easy-side-dish-recipes-00400000058734/page11.html

No comments:

Post a Comment