Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

I was having a HUGE chocolate craving today and wanted to bake cookies or make brownies, but I knew that if I did that, I would have those sweets lingering in the house all week.  Lots of dessert doesn't line up with my nutrition goals, so I needed to come up with a healthy alternative.  

Then I remembered this recipe that my friend shared last night.  I took her recipe and tweaked it, making it my own.  These muffins are so chocolatey that they taste like an unfrosted cupcake.  So yummy!!  My son was begging me to eat 2!   The best part???  They taste like dessert but they are chock-full of healthy goodness.  A sweet treat that is GOOD FOR YOU!!  

Add some frosting, and I just might have my new birthday cupcakes.  Seriously, I love them that much.  So for all my chocolate lovers out there, these are a MUST TRY! 

Happy baking!!
Sarah


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
3/4 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
2 large over-ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 scoops of chocolate vegan Shakeology
2 tablespoons of almond milk
1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips


Place all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in the blender and blend on low for several minutes until smooth.  You may need to scrape the sides down. 

Then mix the mini chocolate chips in by hand. 


Pour evenly into a greased muffin tin (I like to spray it with coconut oil cooking spray).  I got 9 muffins out of my batter. 


Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. 


Allow the muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.  Then enjoy!!!
We are gobbling these up!!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment