Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Breakfast Quinoa

I love a hot breakfast in the winter, but I don't have time to cook one every morning.  I have some great overnight oatmeal recipes, including a crockpot recipe (http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2016/02/overnight-apple-cinnamon-oatmeal.html).

But last week, I wanted to try something different.  A friend of mine posted about a quinoa porridge and I was instantly hooked.  I started researching recipes and put together one that I think is the best of all I found.  Its so easy, really versatile, and will be going on my breakfast rotation for sure!!

Happy Cooking!
Sarah


Breakfast Quinoa
2 cups of almond milk (I used coconut almond milk to give a slight coconut flavor)
1 cup of quinoa
1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon of raw honey
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (or more if you really want to taste it)


Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.  This makes 5 servings.




















I like to add some blueberries or strawberries to mine, but it would be delicious with bananas too! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment