Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Honey Mustard Chicken Salad - 21 day Fix Approved

I love chicken salad, but I'm always looking for a leaner version NOT loaded with mayo.  I had heard of the 21 day Fix version in the Fixate cookbook, and I thought "okay, I'll try it."   I'm not normally a honey mustard fan, so I wasn't too excited.  BUT LET ME TELL YOU, this is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!!  
I couldn't wait to eat it again today!  So yummy, you've got to give it a try! 
Happy Cooking!
Sarah

Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
(my version adapted from the Fixate Cookbook - serves 2)
1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken, breasts or thighs (I used leftovers from a homemade soup, but my crockpot chicken recipe is perfect for this too!)
1/4 green apple, chopped
10 red grapes, cut in quarters
1/4 cup of sliced almonds
1 batch of my Honey Mustard Dressing (recipe below)

First, start with the dressing. 

Honey Mustard Dressing
1/4 cup of 2% Greek Yogurt
1 HEAPING T of whole grain mustard
1 T raw honey
1 T rice vinegar
2 T olive oil

Add the first 4 ingredients to a medium sized bowl.  Whisk together.  Then slowly add in the olive oil, while continuing to whisk.
 
Whisk until well combined.  Season with salt and pepper. 
 Add the other ingredients to the dressing.
Stir together until dressing is equally distributed.  Enjoy over a salad, as a wrap, or a sandwich. 

Makes 2 servings - in 21 day Fix containers, each serving is 1/2 orange, 1/2 blue, 1 red, 1/2 purple (add greens and yellows according to how you serve it). 

So delicious!!!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment