Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sprouted Grain Berry Protein Pancakes

We LOVE pancakes - in fact, we try to make pancakes every weekend.  If I can find a healthy mix then I will use that, otherwise I will make them from scratch.  Don't be afraid to make pancakes from scratch - it's easier than you may thing.  But don't worry - this recipe is not from scratch.

I'm a HUGE fan of blueberry pancakes and I like to add protein to mine so it fits into my nutritional goals for the day.  (I like to eat protein at every meal and snack - part of what I've learned from the 21 day Fix).  Plus, it's a great way to sneak extra protein in my kids.  They love carbs, but its harder to get them to eat protein.

These were probably the best pancakes I've ever made, not to toot my own horn, but they were so yummy!!  I made more today!  Enjoy!

Happy Cooking,
Sarah
Sprouted Grain Berry Protein Pancakes
3/4 cup Arrowhead Mills Sprouted Grain Pancake Mix (you can find it in the organic section or health food section of your grocery store)
1/2 cup milk (any kind, including almond milk with work)
1/3 cup 0% Greek yogurt
1 egg
1/2 scoop vanilla Shakeology
1 T olive or coconut oil (if you use coconut oil, be sure it's in it's liquid form for even distribution)
1 T raspberry all-fruit spread (no added sugar)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
Cooking spray or extra coconut oil for cooking pancakes
real maple syrup for serving (optional)

Whisk together the milk, egg, oil, fruit spread and Greek yogurt until well combined.  Add the pancake mix and shakeology and stir until it's well combined.  The batter will be really thick.

Spoon and spread onto a hot griddle.   Sprinkle the blueberries evenly.  Wait until bubbles begin to form all the way across the pancake and flip.


Allow the pancake to cook on the other side until you see it slightly puff up (sometimes pancakes with fruit inside them take longer to cook than without).

Whatever blueberries you have leftover can be sprinkled on top of the pancakes with your fresh raspberries.  Yum!

Serve immediately with more fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.  So good!!!

This recipe serves 2 people.  If you are following the 21 day Fix or Fix Extreme Meal Plan, then 1 serving (1/2 recipe) counts as 1 red, 1 yellow,  and 1 purple.








No comments:

Post a Comment