Thursday, March 5, 2015

Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas

I have an amazing recipe for fajitas in the oven, but I was going to be gone all afternoon and unable to be coordinate dinner being ready in time.  So I thought, why not try the crockpot?  
Okay, this is so simple, I can't even believe I'm writing any directions!  One step - dump, stir, and turn your slow cooker on. Ha!  But seriously, these were easy and healthy plus I was able to make everybody happy. 

I had all our favorite toppings, lots of salad greens, tortillas, rice and beans.  My son made a burrito, my daughter ate everything in neat little piles on her plate, my hubby built himself a bowl and I made a salad.   For those of you doing the 21 ay Fix or Fix extreme, you can build this easily to fit your container allotment.  My salad was 2 green, 1/2 purple, 1 red, 1/2 yellow.  Be creative and have fun!

Happy Cooking! 
Sarah

Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
original recipe by Sarah
2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 T chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
Pepper to taste

Toss and cook on high for 3 hours.  Here's the before and after pics. 



And my salad...I forgot to take a pic of any other option cause I was so excited to eat my salad!  For the dressing I mixed together some Greek yogurt, salsa, and hot sauce.

So good!!!  Hope you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment