Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 48 - thanksgiving leftovers

I hope that you all enjoyed a long weekend with friends, family, and delicious food.  This week, I'll be creating a menu around all my thanksgiving leftovers.  We had our big dinner Friday, so in my mind, I have until Wednesday to eat the leftovers and freeze anything I don't plan to use before then.   I hate wasting food, especially with so many going hungry around the globe and here in the US.  So my goal is to always waste nothing. 

On another note, my husband is traveling again for work (leaving Friday for 6 nights) so I'm trying to sneak in a date night before he heads out of town.  Luckily, my mom is flying in to help with the kids so we'll be having fun decorating the house and baking Christmas cookies while he's away.  I love this time of year!!!  So needless to say, I don't plan to make much of anything towards the end of this week.  I'm just going to enjoy my time with loved ones.

Enjoy your week and happy cooking!
Sarah



Week 48 - December 1, 2013

Sunday: turkey soup with carrots and orzo

Monday: hot turkey sandwiches with leftovers veggie sides

Tuesday: lentil soup with ham and green salad
http://deliciouslydomesticdining.blogspot.com/2013/04/lentil-soup-with-ham-and-kale.html

Wednesday: Scalloped potatoes with Broccoli and Ham, green salad
http://homecooking.about.com/od/specificdishes/r/blcass10.htm

Thursday: date night

Friday: Pizza and family movie night

Saturday: take-out (my mom will be visiting and we may not want to cook)

No comments:

Post a Comment