Saturday, January 7, 2012

Boston

So after spending most of November and December, organizing, packing, moving, unpacking, and re-organizing, we are FINALLY settled into our new home in Boston.  And its actually starting to feel like home too!  Yes, moving from Miami to Boston in the middle of the winter is a shock to the system, and yes, I already miss my friends and the weather; but nothing can compare to the wonderful time spent as a family these last few weeks, or the increase in job satisfaction I've already seen from my husband.  This life in Boston as already brought so many blessings our way and I'm so excited to see what the days, weeks, and months ahead have in store.

With all that said, it is time for me to get back into the kitchen and do one of my most favorite things:  create yummy dishes that my family and friends can enjoy.  I did a ton of cooking over the holidays, (large ham dinners, my first ever prime rib roast, lots of yummy appetizers for both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve), and now that I'm 33 weeks pregnant with our second child, I'm feeling the pressure to get in as much baking and cooking as I possibly can before my body (and or attention) gives out. 
I hope to post many recipes in the next few weeks before baby Nina's scheduled arrival on February 17th!  And as always, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment